15 January 2014

DIY Gift Tags

Hello and Happy Wednesday! I feel a lot better today and I'm embarking on a simple craft. It's holiday related, I apologize. Last year, at the height of the busy Christmas season, I promised myself that I would prepare my gift wrappings and embellishments way in advance; that way the wrapping process would be more efficient and less stressful.

Today I'm making some tags:

For this first one, I'm turning blah sticker paper into TADA! with a few craft stamps and an ink pad. By writing a short inscription, they'll become instant gift tags. I can also use them as address labels for packages, don't you think?

This second one is an assemblage of cardboard, string, felt and gold beads. Use the same technique for other occasions like Mother's Day {flowers}, a baby shower {little ducks} or a wedding {bells or bows}, varying the colors of the materials.

Now that I've made a few, I'll file them away in my gift tag organizer until they're ready to be used!




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you have a holiday themed post in January. This past year, I really let the ball drop with planning in advance and in an effort to not let it happen again, I am really looking for projects I can get done (very) early. Making next year's tags early will be a great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!