19 September 2013

Thumbprint Cookies

One of the things I absolutely love are beautiful cookbooks.

This is my latest acquisition.

It's named after a lovely bakeshop in San Francisco creating traditional American cakes and confections. 

The shop is a pastel palace, as seen in this picture from the book.

One of the darling details of the cookbook are its scalloped edges!

I'm trying out these thumbprint cookies, buttery bites with a jam filling.

Of course I'm using the "No Cook Strawberry Jam" I proudly made.

Here is the dough made from flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, sugar, vanilla extract {I omitted the almond extract} and an egg.  

The cookies are formed with a teaspoon and are rolled into marble-sized balls. These are placed on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.

These are baked at a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes.

Make a dimple at the center {traditionally with your thumb but if the dough is too hot, use the back of a teaspoon}. Add the jam and let these cool on a rack. 

A sweet treat that turns any day from blah to TADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!