17 November 2011

Spring flowers in Autumn

E-readers and tablet computers are all the rage these days. And while I appreciate the convenience and thrill of these gadgets, I'm still drawn to books. I still like snooping around bookstores for new releases and old favorites.

As I've mentioned this week, one book that I picked up recently is Design Sponge at Home written by blogger Grace Bonney. The pages dance with things for a beautiful, but still personal and comfortable home.

I've been having a ball trying out the crafts outlined in the book. Today, I'm making something inspired by this:

Ink jet transfers on placemats, a project by Kate Pruitt

Instead of placemats, I'm putting photo
transfers on this blah canvas bag.

I picked hi-resolution photos that I took myself. I love to take photos of flowers and now that the cold months have arrived, I wanted to keep a little reminder of the coming spring, thus these pink blooms.

I printed the photos on ink jet paper.

Then I cut around the designs and planned the layout.

Then I peeled off the paper backing, positioned the design
on the bag {facing up}, covered it with overlay paper
and ironed away for several minutes
with firm pressure.

A blah bag is now TADA!

A vibrant reminder of spring as autumn fades
and winter begins.

2 comments:

  1. Now that would chase away those winter blues! Great project Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betty! I hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!