18 June 2010

Cool Compacts


I'm cleaning up my makeup kit and who knew that makeup
makes for wonderful blah to TADA! projects?!

Yesterday, I made weathered compact cases new again.
Today, I've got a few more ideas.

Let's begin with this eye shadow palette {missing a lid}.
I turned the eye shadow into paint the other day,
now let's see what we can do with the case.

Eye shadow's gone, case is cleaned &
ready for a makeover.

TADA! Turn it into a mini picture frame!

Resize the photos & print them on paper.
Cut & glue onto the little compartments.
Attach a ribbon and display!

Now here's an idea for a compact case
that has a mirror:

Detach the part with the mirror {a little force gets it done}
from the part that holds the makeup.

Dress it up with some scrap fabric.
Sew a pouch & leave one side open.

Turn pouch inside-out & insert the mirror.

Cut a square to reveal the mirror.
Tuck in the loose edges and secure
to the mirror with hot glue.
Close the open end of the pouch
with more hot glue.

TADA! A dressed-up pocket mirror!

It's an essential in every woman's purse!

Now that my makeup kit is clean, I think
it's time to shop for a new set!

Have a happy weekend &
Happy Father's Day to all you
dads out there!




10 comments:

  1. Nice! I was just thinking I needed to get a small mirror! I'll have to look through my make up and see if I have any old stuff :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LacyHolly! I know you'll do a good job making your own pocket mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww this is such a great idea for dressing up compacts! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at your ideas Claire..you definetly look outside the box:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks dear Sandy, Betty & Miss Good Girls Studio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all your ideas for turning makeup from blah to tada have been fantastic! I love my daily dose of tada! Can't wait to see what you do next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ideas are amazing! I love them!
    Thank you very much
    Hugs
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such great ideas .
    Thanks for this blog.
    Have a nice day!
    ColetteLartiste

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Becca Ray, Liliana and ColetteLartiste! Thanks for always visiting and leaving
    comments -- they really make my day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!