13 May 2010

Twin Pillows


I'm showing off my sewing projects this week, largely inspired by Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts.

I found this blah pillow, alone and forlorn,
hiding in storage.

I took a pair of scissors & cut it into two.
Then I sewed the open ends shut.

Tada! I've got two pillows now!

I dressed up the pillows with a fun fabric
which I turned into pillow cases.

The pillows can be used together to add
symmetry to a living space.

Or use them in separate areas of the house.

Oh so summery, don't you think?

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love to do this with old bed pillows that have lost their poof for my tired head. I cut them open and refluff them and make decorative pillows with my leftovers of fabric. BTW, stop by my blog, I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "see" you today Vanessa! That's genius -- re-using tired bedroom pillows. I must try that...more throw pillows for me, weeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire -
    I have a bunch of old pillows shoved under my bed. I never thought about cutting them in half to give them new life. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane! I'm pretty sure those pillows will be excited about their make-over :) Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!! I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-how-to-get-two-pillows-from-one/2010/05/15/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea!! My 7 month old like pillows... although a big pillow in her crib is a big hazard... so I may cut some up and make baby sized pillows for her !! I see some applique with her name on it for decor too....
    Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment Tricia! Baby sized pillows sound very adorable :) Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great lil blog u have going here - SUCH an awsome concept!

    thanks for commenting
    Hugs
    Erika
    http://tiptoebutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to my blog Erika! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic twin pillows. The color is beautiful. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!