09 February 2010

Toys for Tots

Socks don't suck even if they're studded with holes or look old and abused.

Instead of tossing them away,
turn them from blah...

...to TADA!

Cut the socks in different shapes, hem the sides
and stuff them with fiber fill.


Then create some wacky new friends...


Coozai never leaves home without a bow tie.

Geordine looks like a jelly bean.

Sparkee loves being silly.

And Lola Loulou loves to wear a tutu!

Go ahead, dream up some characters & stories with your little ones.
If only to save those socks!

12 comments:

  1. Hey! I just discovered your blog and wanted to tell you that I think it's fantastic!!! I love the ideas you're sharing. Very clever and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my blog Melissa! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I'm screaming! Those are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big saver of socks! I am always sewing them up. Thanks for the fun and cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your visit Mad Sewing Love & Danielle and Clint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I'm just impressed over and over again by your ideas. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! You are indeed very crafty, my friend. Just received your beautiful postcard and package containing the lace doily and notebook. So beautiful! Thank you so much. That is a beautiful sunrise. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie! Welcome to my blog :) Glad you liked the goodies...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO adorable! I'm still partial to the sock monkey but Sparkee is a close second...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Krissy! I love the sock monkey too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute and fun little guys! Thank you for this great step by step tutorial. I wanted to let you know that I Have added this project to my What Can You Make with a Pair of Socks Round Up. If you would rather I delete your project from this round up please let me know.

    Thanks and have a fabulous Day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!