04 September 2009

Going Bananas

It's Friday and I'm going bananas!
I mean that both figuratively and literally:


I've got some ready for a blah to Tada! transformation.

I turned them into banana bread, baked in muffin tins.
Very easy to grab as a quick breakfast!

And yet another transformation -- my version of a banana trifle! I cubed up some banana bread, sliced some bananas and put these in a glass, topped it with ice cream and some dulce de leche (you can use caramel or chocolate syrup, too).

Tada! Instant dessert!

Have a fabulous long weekend everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Curious Cat! Dulce de leche...makes me go bananas! Have a nice weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh soo good! have a lovely wknd Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas here...

    The trifle looks amazing. I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so scrumptious looking! I don't know how you keep coming up with all of these fabulous ideas, but I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blah banana makeovers!! mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nuit, Amanda, Brittanie and Ash...thanks for all your sweet comments. May you all have a TADA! weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog! :) The trifle looks extra yummy! I like to take the slightly too ripe bananas (4) and slice them, then cover in dough (4 tbsp. flour, 2 eggs, pinch of salt, pinch of baking soda) and fry in 250 ml oil. Drizzle with honey (ice cream is optional ;)), voilĂ  Baked Banana - just like from your favourite Chinese takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the recipe Ninasays! I want to try this =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!