25 May 2015

Pouches, Part Two

Hello guys! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. Today, I have a few more crafty pouch ideas to share.

This is a pouch I bought already made. I turned it from blah to TADA! by adding my own felt apple. I use it to store my face painting supplies that I use for children's birthday parties. It contains face paint, brushes, sponges, stencils and a small mirror.

Here is a recent purchase from my favorite craft store. I like the message on it and love how big and roomy it is. I've been using it to carry around bulky craft materials like yarn for crochet or knitting.

Now this one...

This one is an airline amenity kit which was filled with travel essentials like socks, ear plugs, an eye mask, and hygiene products. It's plain and made of water-repellent fabric. 

Time for some blah to TADA!

I'm using a sponge brush, acrylic paint in different colors, and some sticky stencils.

Let's line our work space with sheets of scrap paper. Then stuff the pouch with paper or recycled packing material. Close the zipper.

Apply the stencils on the pouch in a random manner. I'm using letters on one side.

And on the other side, numbers.

Using the foam brush, add the paint in a pouncing manner. Allow to dry in between coats. I recommend to use at least 5 coats of paint.  

Once dry, gingerly peel off each stencil. And this is what it looks like -- TADA!

I admit, it's a little flawed because the paint seeped through some of the stencils leaving a little shadow. I don't know how to clean it up so I'll leave it be. 

This is a cute little pouch to use for kid's toys and activities. It's small enough to fit mommy's bag. Whip it out on the airplane or at a restaurant to keep restless children entertained. TADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!